The steps to start trading with Exness
- Tiếng Việt
We have put together a simple guide on how to get your Exness account up and running in 5 simple steps. Let’s get started.
Step 1: Register and open an account
Creating a Personal Area with Exness is really simple. All you need is your email address and then you can go to our website to get started.
Before you do so, watch our video to learn how to register and open an account on the Web:
Step 2: Verify your profile
When you open your Exness account, you have to fill in your Economic profile and submit Proof of Identity (POI) and Proof of Residence (POR) documents. We need to verify these documents to ensure that all operations on your account are performed by you, the genuine account holder.
Verification Document Requirements
Before you submit your Proof of Identity and Proof of Residence documents, please ensure that they meet the following requirements:
Proof of Identity
- It is clear and readable
- All four corners are visible
- Any photographs and signatures are clearly visible
- It is a government issued-document
Proof of Address
- It is clear and readable
- It is recent (issued within the last 6 months)
- It contains your full name and residential address (PO Boxes are not accepted)
- All four corners are visible
- It is issued by an independent, reliable source
Your documents must be submitted in one of the following formats: JPEG, BMP, PNG OR PDF. The size of your uploaded document must not exceed 15 MB
Verifying your identity and address is an important step that helps us to keep your account and financial transactions secure. The verification process is just one of a number of measures that Exness has implemented to ensure the highest levels of security.
What happens if you don’t verify your account?
You need to verify your account if you want to deposit funds and trade with Exness, as even basic functions are unavailable to unverified accounts, so make sure you upload your documents as soon as possible.
Watch the video below to learn how to upload your documents in a few easy steps:
Step 3: Make your first deposit
At Exness, we provide a great variety of payment methods to make your trading day easier. So, what do you need to keep in mind when making your first deposit?
Please note that Exness only accepts payments from accounts in the clients own name. Payments from third party accounts are not accepted.
The Payment method
When making your first deposit, make sure you choose the payment method that is of utmost convenience to you. Here are a few tips on making the right choice:
- Your account currency vs deposit currency: If your deposit currency differs from your trading account currency, funds deposited will be converted into your account currency, at the prevailing foreign exchange rate, before being credited to your account. If your deposit was subject to conversion, you can find the conversion rate that was applied on the payment confirmation page.
If you want to avoid currency conversions, you can deposit funds in the same currency as your account currency. For example, if your account currency is USD, you should deposit in USD to avoid conversions.
Tip: Check the available deposit currencies that are offered by the payment system you plan to use.
- The speed of deposit: The majority of the payment methods that we offer at Exness support instant deposits. What that means for you is that if the payment method you use is instant and your deposit request is accepted, your funds should be credited to your trading account within seconds. For other payment methods, processing times vary from within 24 hours up to 3-5 working days.
You can check the processing times for each payment method in your Personal Area.
- Deposit fees: For the majority of deposits into your Exness trading accounts, there will be no fee. However, for some payment methods there is a minimum amount you must deposit if you want to avoid third party deposit fees. Before making your first deposit, please check for possible third party deposit fees.
Once you have chosen the payment method, it is time to decide how much to deposit. Here is a checklist for you:
- Minimum deposit requirements based on account type: In Exness we have some minimum deposit requirements for certain account types.
- Minimum deposit requirements based on chosen payment method: Some payment methods may have some minimum deposit requirements. You will also see an error in the Personal Area while trying to deposit less than the amount permissible by the payment method.
- Leverage and Margin: Since margin for the trades you open will be held based on your chosen leverage, it is a good idea to check if the amount deposited is sufficient to open trades based on your current leverage setting. You may use our Trader’s calculator to calculate margin.
Step 4: Learn all about our trading terminals
When you start trading forex with Exness, you’ll use MetaTrader 4 (MT4) or MetaTrader 5 (MT5), which are the most popular forex trading platforms in the market.
We often get asked about the difference between MT4 and MT5. Basically all the main functions are the same, but if you’d like an in-depth look at the differences, visit the Terminals section of our Help center.
Please note: If you open a MetaTrader 4 account, you won’t be able to use MetaTrader 5 with your MT4 login and vice versa. If you want accounts for both MT4 and MT5, you’d have to open separate trading accounts for them.
About the Terminals
You can access the MT4 and MT5 platforms with these terminals:
Exness Terminal and WebTerminal
If you want to trade from your browser, the Exness Terminal is for you. It’s our own custom-built, browser-based MT5 terminal. It requires no download or installation to use and is easily accessed from your Exness Personal Area. Unfortunately it only works for MT5 accounts, so if you are looking for MT4 then the MetaTrader WebTerminal is also an option for trading from your browser. Both the Exness Terminal and MetaTrader WebTerminal offer the basic functions required to trade effectively.
MetaTrader Mobile Terminals
MetaTrader mobile platforms are designed to make it convenient for you to trade on-the-go; all you need is an internet connection and the MT4 or MT5 mobile app. Visit the App Store or Google Play to download them onto your mobile devices.
You can find user guides for the mobile versions of both MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5 in the Terminals section of the Help Center.
Exness Trader Mobile Terminal
We’re proud to present our mobile app, jam-packed with enough features to make this more than just a mobile trading terminal. You can manage your Exness accounts, security, as well as trade on-the-go and check technical analysis and economic stories. We encourage you to try the Exness Trader App, for a compact and comprehensive forex trading terminal.
The MetaTrader Desktop terminals can be downloaded onto your PC or laptop. One of the benefits of using a desktop platform is that you’ll have access to a much wider range of trading tools including custom Expert Advisors and analytical tools.
We provide desktop versions of both MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5. Visit the Terminals section to learn more about the desktop terminals.
If you want to start trading straight away, we recommend starting with our custom-built, MT5-based Exness Terminal, which is as secure as our other terminals, but doesn’t require installation.
(only available for MT5 accounts)
Step 5: Start Trading
Congrats, you’ve reached Step 5! You’ve made your first deposit and have set up your trading terminals too. All that’s left to do is to place your first trade. Let’s get started:
Login to the terminal
Do you have favorite symbols that you like to trade, like EURUSD? Follow these steps to customize the list of symbols in your Market Watch window in the WebTerminal or Desktop Terminal:
- Right-click anywhere in the Market Watch window.
- Click Symbols, then choose the group of trading instruments that you would like to view.
- Choose a trading instrument and click Show (or Show all if you want to add all available instruments), then close the window.
The trading instrument youve chosen will now be shown in the Market Watch window. If you want to view the chart of the symbol you’ve added, simply drag it to the chart window.
Margin is the amount of money reserved so as to open and maintain a leveraged trading position. Always make sure you have enough money in your account to open a trade.
To calculate the margin required to open a position, use our Traders Calculator.
Before placing your first trade, make sure you understand when the world’s financial markets open and close, and when you can trade.
Open a trade
To place a trade on the Desktop or WebTerminal:
- Right-click anywhere in the Trading Tab and choose New Order.
- Fill in the required fields:
- Symbol: Choose a trading instrument from the drop down list, which shows the symbols you’ve added to your Market Watch window.
- Type of order: Choose either Market Execution or Pending Order. Pro accounts have access to Instant Execution too.
- Volume: Type the lot size (volume you want to trade) for your order. The minimum and maximum lot size depends on your account type. Click here to read more.
- Trade Type: Choose Buy or Sell as desired.
You will be able to track progress of your trade in the Terminal window. To close a trade, simply click X next to it.
That’s it! Now you know how to place a forex trade via MetaTrader 4 or MetaTrader 5. Refer to the Terminals section for more detailed information on how to use the trading terminals.
- Tiếng Việt